Pesto Pasta Salad with Peas and Parmesan
How to make pesto pasta salad with peas and Parmesan. A light, fresh and tasty pasta salad that goes great with any summer meal.
- 12 ounces tri-color rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup basil leaves packed
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves packed
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves packed
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
Cook pasta to al dente in salted water according to the package directions. Drain and place in large mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil and let cool.
Toast pine nuts in dry sauté pan.
Add basil, parsley, spinach, Parmigiano Reggiano , pine nuts, garlic and lemon juice to food processor. Pulse to puree. Add olive oil and pulse again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Combine pasta, pesto, tomatoes, peas and mayonnaise. Mix well.
Garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano and pine nuts. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.