Spaghetti Salad Carbonara
How to make Spaghetti Salad Carbonara. A tasty riff on the classic Italian dish, remade in to a cold pasta salad version, perfect for backyard cookouts and picnics.
- 8 ounces spaghetti broken into 2 inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces ham diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery sliced thin
- 3 hard-boiled eggs chopped finely
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- freshly cracked black pepper
- parmigiano reggiano cheese for garnish
- Italian flat leaf parsley for garnish
Break the spaghetti into 2 inch lengths and cook to al dente in salted water according to the package directions. Drain and place in large mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil and let cool.
Cut bacon into ½ inch pieces and sauté until crispy. Drain on paper towels and add to pasta.
Chop up ham, celery and hard-boiled eggs and add to the pasta.
Add mayonnaise, milk, parmesan cheese and mix well.
Add freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
Garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano and flat leaf parsley. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.